We had a great April Fools' day. I only got pictures of Katie's two pranks. Kyle dyed the milk green. Caleb was the only one who would drink it. Even Josh avoided the milk. Kyle poked holes in water bottles with the lid still on. This created a vacuum so the water didn't leak until someone unscrewed the lid. Caleb put tape across the doorways of Katie's and Josh's rooms so they ran into it when they woke up.
These googly eyes still make me laugh.
She printed this picture to put in every toilet to scare her brothers. She, originally, taped the picture to the underside of the seat but I moved it to the underside of the lid. Cleaning up urine from the floor and walls isn't my idea of fun.
We have a tradition for General Conference. Everyone gets to pick one snack or treat and we get to feast while we listen to Sunday's morning session. I made these Rice Krispie Treats with a Mickey Mouse mold I got for my birthday a year ago.
Having a daughter is becoming more fun with every passing year. I get to pamper her with nail polish, hair dos, and yesterday she spent the $58 she saved, buying shirts from Ross. She got 5 adorable tops and we had a blast in the dressing room. Here's a picture of me practicing a 4 strand braid.
Most moms have admitted that it can be hard to take time to play with your kids. I confess to this, as well. Why is it so hard when it ends up being the best memories? Jeff snuck this picture of me playing "The sword game", as Blake calls it. It's some weird Zelda archery and sword game on the WiiU. I usually end up playing it with him once a day when the kids are in school. I get confused by a lot of the games because I'm too old. However, I do enjoy a few of them. It reminds me of conquering Lego Star Wars with Josh and Kyle years ago. We would research on the internet how to get past the hard and secret parts until we collected every stud and character. We also had a handheld Spongebob game I'd play with the kids.
These next 3 pictures require some background info. Josh and I have always had a fun relationship of teasing each other. We are both stubborn and like to push the other. The first (blurry!) picture is sneak image I took after we had a 30 minute argument over homework. He handed me a small slip of paper to sign. I started signing it and realized it went to something else he was hiding from me. (This has happened once before.) It was for a Health survey he needed to ask me. The questions were lame and embarrassing but he learned that Mom won't sign her name under false pretenses. He struggled through the questions about my opinions on dating and then got my signature. There was lots of laughing, on my part, and annoyed sighs, on his part.
This picture makes me grin. 7:30 is the time the kids need to turn in their phones. Josh pushes the boundary EVERY single night. He could argue Prince Charles out of the throne. Last week, he ran upstairs and locked himself in my bathroom. I sat by the door and annoyed him. I sent him annoying selfies of me every few seconds.
Here, I snuck my phone under the door and took a picture.
This is a picture through the space under the door. He's lying on the floor waiting for me to stick my phone under the door to take another picture. He'd try to grab my phone.
After about 15 minutes, I was done playing and had to threaten him with losing his car keys the next day. As usual, that worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment