I am going to try to post little parts of the trip a day at a time. Today is the story of our two days travel to California.
Here are the kids wrestling in the back seat. They were soooo good considering our kids are notorious for not traveling well.
FYI.........Do NOT give your three year old soda as a treat unless you look at the label and find out that...SUNKIST HAS CAFFEINE?????
We were frustrated that Katie was awake three times at the hotel. What was going on with her? As I lay awake I realized she did take a big nap in the car which she normally does not and then I had this passing thought. Does Sunkist have Caffeine? That would explain her crazy night behavior. Sure enough, in the morning I instantly grabbed the bottle and read the ingredients. Beware Sunkist!
I made her pose with her bottle for a picture. Is it just me or does she have crazy caffeine eyes?
We stayed at Circus Circus in Reno to break up the drive. It was an okay hotel. It was super cheap and the kids love earning these prizes at the midway. I don't really enjoy staying in casinos though. Too much creepy creepies for me.
So, this is what we woke up to on Monday morning. I know the Sierra's get snow and we were expecting a little but this was not just a little snow. It was quite deep and heavy. The most frustrating thing was not the drive. The roads were very safe/just wet/ however they made every truck stop to put on chains which made us stay in standstill traffic for 1/2 an hour. Not fun when you spent 10 hours in the car yesterday and you're just starting your last leg of 3 1/2 hours. We got to drive on for a few more minutes when they stopped every car to put on chains, unless you had snow tires or 4 wheel drive. Our car instantly gained 4 wheel drive. We lied!!!! We actually had chains in the car and wouldn't have had to pay the ridiculous fee of $30 to have them installed but we have driven in snow so much deeper and scarier than this and thank heavens they road guys believed us. Whew...welcome to California.
No comments:
Post a Comment