Sunday, May 7, 2017

Darth Blake--Risae Birthday--Lunch with Katie---Mosquitos


Blake has an alter ego and it's time his secret needs to be known. 
Blake shall be known as Darth Vader.
He has been quite obsessed with Star Wars for a little over a year.  He was a Storm Trooper for Halloween, watches one of the movies at least once a week, and always plays with his Star Wars action figures and ships.  Lately, he has been using his blankie as his cape and a mini M&Ms container as his lightsaber.  As soon as the cape is on, his facial expression changes and he starts breathing like he's wearing the mask.  This boy seems to love everything extreme and powerful.  Scary?  Maybe......  Only the future will tell.



I feel lucky to have a birthday in April.  Spring is such a beautiful time and I always feel God's love for me through nature.  These are the lilacs in front of our house.  I love sitting on the porch in the warm breeze while the scent blows across my face.  (FYI-Lilac is one of my favorite scents in nature.  Nature alone.  I can never find a lilac scented lotion or fragrance that I can stand.)


I was invited to Caleb's class on my birthday.  I am the room mom and they wanted to help me celebrate my birthday.  They brought me this delicious chocolate cake, gave me a card with their names written on it, and each child colored me a picture.  It was a very sweet moment for me.  Caleb's class is a "small group" class with kids who are behind or have disabilities.  I was treated to many hugs and while they sang a song to me, one child played with my hair and another rubbed my back.  It was tender and I loved every minute of it.  







Bonneville Elementary had "Family Week" and on Friday, we were invited to eat lunch with our kids.  Blake and I packed a lunch and got to sit outside with Katie and a few friends while we ate.  Katie was so excited to show Blake to her friends.  She kept trying to get him to do some of his cute actions but he was embarrassed and was acting shy. 



Josh went shooting with a friend at his family's property near Ephraim.  He came back with over 100 mosquito bites.  His friends didn't have more than a handful.  This is a picture of his shoulder blade where they got him through his shirt.  He had to take a practice AP Euro History test the next morning and was pretty miserable. 

No comments: