Tuesday, October 18, 2016

School Starts


First Day of School Pictures.  It took about 12 pictures to get Caleb to look at the camera and do something resembling a smile.  It took me 4 more than that to get the 16 year old to do the same. 
Aaargh!




Just like the reluctance from the picture above, I had to convince Josh to let me take a picture of his Driver's License.  I had to be quick and this was the best I could do.





Jeff is smiling only because Blake is on his lap and Blake makes every one smile (most of the time).  We finally got dental insurance and Jeff was able coerced to go get some work done.






I have gone into Caleb's school to eat lunch with him a couple of times.  This helps me know what their "chicken patty sandwiches", "pizza", "pears", or "cookies" actually taste like.  This helps me understand what he could possibly eat at school lunch instead of the home lunch pears/string cheese/crackers lunch I pack him.  I don't want him to go hungry but school lunch with peer pressure is a great place for him to expand his food repertoire.  This day Mom, Dad, and Blake came.  Caleb was so happy.  They are quite the duo.







Josh and Kyle caught some crawdads at Manila Pond.  They brought them home and we cooked them up for dinner.  The crawdads freaked out the little boys when they were crawling around the bottom of the bucket of water.  After they were cooked and stopped moving, we convinced them to touch one. 
I love Caleb's face in this picture.  It looks like he's suppressing a dry heave.  (Speaking of dry heaving--Kyle must've been coughing in the back ground but he appears like he's about to barf) 






Here is my school buddy going to "Mom School", as we call it.  The little ones have a hard time when everyone gets to put on a backpack and go to school.  We tell the littles that they get to go to "Mom School".  That means we go to the grocery store and talk about stuff.  (Math, Colors, and Reading)  We goof off and wrestle.  (P.E.)  We help with cooking.  (Home Economics)  We hunt for bugs and talk about birds and clouds.  (Biology and Science)  Most importantly, we get lots of love and attention all to ourselves.  (That isn't official education curriculum but it is the most important one of all!)

I had to ride in one of the motorized carts because my foot was still super sore.  Blake liked riding in my lap and steering.  I also had him walk along side me and grab stuff of the shelves to put in the cart.  He must've been nervous because he insisted on holding my hand the ENTIRE time.  I had to take a picture of the sweetness.


No comments: