Caleb was 4 weeks on Friday and I would like to update everyone on how life's going. First of all we found out the second day in the hospital that Joshua had pnemonia. So he had to stay a few extra days at Grandma Clark's house. When they came home he had to sanitize his hands all day long and wear a mask. Joshua loves him so much. We never had to fight him about the mask. He just wanted to hold him and would do anything he needed to. 
Then after a few days we learned his bilirubin was too high and had to go on the lights. I have already done this with Kyle and was hoping it would be easier. It wasn't!!!!! Caleb would not sleep fitfully at all and I would spend all night trying to comfort him on the bed. After two nights I was in tears and my freakin awesome sister Anna Lisa came down from Logan and spent 2 1/2 days cleaning, cooking, visiting, staying up with Caleb while I slept, and saving our mental status.
Lucky for us he was only on for 4 days and didn't have to end up in the hospital.
Kyle has sure surprised us with how much he loves Caleb and wants to hold him. Here is Kyle's favorite comfort strategy for the baby. He holds in the pacifier with his palm and rubs Calebs cheeks with two of his fingers. We're so happy that we don't tell him when we notice Caleb's cheeks are a little red after the rubbing.
3 comments:
What sweet kids you have! I'm really happy that you didn't have to keep him on the bed any longer.
Caleb is so lucky to have two older brothers that love and watch over him so much!
You have such cute boys! I love that they are so attached to their new brother! (Caleb looks so sweet!)
Post a Comment