Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Memorial Day Camping

We went camping over Memorial Day weekend in Midway. We got to go with two other families and the kids had a blast. We all had a blast until we woke up the last morning with hours and hours of rain. We had to cook and pack up in the rain. You should have seen our condo complex the next day. It looked like a MASH unit had bugged out to our property. There were wet tents, sleeping bags and tarps drying everywhere. We had so much fun that even the mud couldn't dampen our spirits. We're ready to go again as soon as possible.

This picture speaks a thousand words. I only happend to take a picture of Katherine but if there was surveillance video you would would see a constant stream of children and adults tapping this keg of homemade root beer. We had to make a rule of one cup root beer to one cup water ratio (this includes the parent too!)
Joshua and his new friend Derek Bonney enjoying smores.
Heaven on Earth. The Bonneys had their portable DVD player which sure came in handy on the last and rainy morning. When kids haven't seen television in 3 days you could put on "Gone with the Wind" and they'd still look like this for 2 hours.
Do you see Kyle's Junior Ranger badge? Because we camped at Wasatch State Park they had programs each day for the kids. Very nice.
You can't see the dirt on Katherine's face but believe me...It's there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of kids staring at the movie is hilarious. And I love that you chose Gone with the Wind as a #1 boring movie. One of these days I'll rope Jason to the couch and have him watch it with me. I'm sure he'll like the corset string scenes the most.
The daily program thing sounds pretty cool. Is it soap carving and rock painting? (Clark reunion style)

Marcy said...

Not the best weekend to go camping. It seems like it wasn't too bad though! At least until the last day. I remember it rained and rained that day. John and I were thinking about all the Memorial day campers. Of course we didn't realize that ou guys were camping too!