Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cross County Camp

I got to go to Cross Country Camp with Josh.  This is his favorite trip and raves about it, every summer.  As a senior, it was his last.  
I got to cook for and drive around 70+ high schoolers.  It was so fun to be around their energy and see what great kids Josh is associated with.  
His coach is incredibly nice but pushes them so hard.  Every time after their runs, they would spend over 30 minutes on strength exercises.



Here is Josh completing the "Wolverine" run.  It is over a mile straight up the mountain.  Man, those kids are incredible to try something like that.  I've heard rumors about kids barfing but I didn't get to see any, this year.


Here are all the seniors, after Wolverine.  My son is so lucky to have these friends.  


Here's another picture of the ab workouts. 


One of the days, they tube the river at Lava Hot Springs.  Josh might not be in this conglomerate of tubes, but it is a great picture showing what it was like.


Here they are at the Lava Hot Springs pool.  They set up the biggest "Washing Machine" line I've ever seen.  It was fun to see how high those 17 year old boys could toss a body, into the air.


That's Josh!


On one of the nights, they have the seniors take turns standing and sharing what Cross Country has meant to them and give the new kids advice.  
This team has meant the world to my son and they have kept him safe during his high school years.  I am so proud of him for running even when he's exhausted and knows he won't make varsity.  It has taught him a lot and I've enjoyed watching him race. 


I locked my keys in the SUV and had to call insurance.  (My insurance company hasn't dumped me, yet.  It's a miracle.)  While I waited for help, the cabin owner was sure he could use his engineering skills to open it.  He actually made a contraption that worked except our locking latch, turns the opposite way we thought.  


The last day, they have an ultimate Frisbee tournament.  Josh play Frisbee showcases his competitiveness and fight.  We always say that he would've been a great wrestler.  That kid is so persistent and strong!  


Here he is at the end of the final race.  I love the look on his face.  

No comments: