Monday, July 12, 2010

Silver Lake

What is wrong with us??? We have been fishing twice in the last month. Jeff and I never went fishing as children but we have made some great friends that have taught us many things about enjoying Utah's outdoors. Valerie has taught me to can so many things that our family enjoys and how to gut a fish. Thayne teaches us how to fix things and untangle fishing lines. They've taken us camping with them and take us on their motorcycle and four-wheeler adventures. Our kids love spending time with their 4 girls too.
Here we are fishing in Silver Lake Reservoir. After driving 3 very very SLOW miles up a potted, rocky, dangerous dirt road we came upon this gorgeous spot in American Fork Canyon. We were here over 4th of July weekend and there were not that many people there at all. Our kids got to pile in the back of their pickup truck and drive across a creek. (Jeff rode in the back with the kids and I'm sure he lost some of his hearing from the kid's excitement) We drove past the reservoir to a campsite and had a picnic and then took Thayne's new GPS system and found a Geo Cache.

Here's Kyle's second fish. He caught three that day in about 1/2 hour. Josh and Katie were dissapointed they didn't catch anything but they sure had fun. I still have not mastered the art of taking out the fish hooks so Thayne helps us. One of these days I'll figure it out.




Kate (as she wants to be called now) didn't catch a fish but was sure happy to hold this one. Just look at her hair. Where is her mother???


Caleb sure enjoyed his picnic lunch. Especially the Carter's cheetos. That face is so cute I could kiss his lips off.

We got to eat the fruits of our labor Monday the 5th. I guess Josh was the only one of our family that ate the trout but it was well worth it.

3 comments:

Imaginative Productions said...

That was sooooooooooooo FUN!

Metallica and Mozart said...

Cool! I am impressed that you even tried to unhook the fish, Zae! I say Ugh! to that.

Chad said...

Jeff camping, a lot??? I don't even know who you are anymore:)