Monday, April 22, 2019

March 2019

We went to the Food Bank to do some service with some friends.  We worked for an hour or so and the kids had a blast.

 We try to get Blake sleeping as early as possible but that creates a problem for Caleb who wants to stay up and read.  Every night now, he has his flashlight and gets to stay up later and read.


Katie had a dance competition in St. George.  I have some videos of her dances and I will try to get them small enough to post here or by email.  One of the afternoons, we had extra time so I found a small playhouse and hoped we'd enjoy a play.  She wasn't happy when I bought the tickets without asking her.  She wasn't happy to see that this play had attendees that were all 60+ years older than her.  She was NOT happy so I told her we would leave during the intermission if she didn't like it.  The comedy was British, it had swear words, and she was miserable.  We took off during intermission, of course.  It is funny to talk about now but was not fun in the moment.  We ended up hanging out with her dance members, shopping for shoes, and getting frozen custard, so the rest of the day wasn't ruined.
We had a great road trip.  We listened to 80's music, chatted about doctrine, boys, friends, and much more.  She loved spending time with her teammates and their team did pretty well in the competition.


Thanksgiving Point opened a  butterfly habitat.  We had a good time.



We had quite a few fly-bys but I was unable to catch those butterflies in the camera frame.



This moment, I took 10 pictures right in a row when I saw a butterfly coming right for us.  I caught their reactions but not the insect.  Dangit!




 Here, a butterfly was flying right towards the boys.  You can see it in their body language.


I believe this is when they were looking at a giant tarantula.  

No comments: