Sunday, September 23, 2018

Second Half of June Fun

There's a small stream that flows from Mount Timpanogos.  It is called Manila Creek.  A few years ago, Pleasant Grove decided to dam the stream and create a small pond.  They have flush toilets, a sandy beach area, fishing, and a fish cleanout station.  
It is our favorite summer hangout.
We went with our friends, the Bonneys.  They had just purchased two small kayaks and the kids loved practicing on them.










So CUTE!




For my birthday, I didn't want to waste any money on items.  I decided I wanted to get something that would help us spend more time together.  I got a membership to Thanksgiving Point.  
Here, we are taking Blake through the dinosaur museum.  Jeff and I took him when we purchased the membership but he wouldn't go further than the first room.  Josh, Kyle, and Katie were determined to help him get through the whole museum.
This picutre shows Blake getting ready to enter the room with the giant dinosaur skeletons and dinosaur sounds over the speaker system.  
Look at his poor face.

He asked Josh to hold him when they had to walk under the giant Brachiosaurus.  

The obligatory picture in front of the megaladon.  If I'm rembering correctly, Katie was angry because Josh kept monopolizing the chore of assisting Blake.




We took a Sunday drive to the Upper Provo River Falls.  It was quite a long drive towards the Uintas.  Believe it or not, it was Jeff's idea.  He always poo poos going on a drive.  The long Sunday afternoons with 5 kids must finally be a worse prospect. 😆 

We made PB&J sandwiches to eat with our chips and brownies.  


No comments: